History of St John’s
St John’s was opened in 1912, and consecrated in 1913, just as West Byfleet started to grow. The village was originally the ‘west end’ of Byfleet, and at that time St John’s was a daughter church to the ancient parish of St Mary’s, Byfleet.
However, by 1917, with continued growth, West Byfleet became a separate parish, bordering Pyrford, Sheerwater, the M25 and Basingstoke Canal.
More coming soon.